RYA Yachtmaster Coastal / Offshore Course in Port Solent, Portsmouth, Hampshire, UK
The aim of the RYA Yachtmaster Coastal / Offshore Course is to further your skills from Day skipper giving you the skills and techniques required to Skipper a motor cruiser of at least 7m LOA safely on coastal and offshore passages by day and night.
The RYA Yachtmaster Coastal / Offshore Course is taken over six days with the last day conducted by an independent examiner.
For those of you that wish to complete Yachtmaster Offshore please call for details.
The minimum age limit is:
The RYA Yachtmaster Coastal / Offshore Course will cover the following:
- Preparation for sea - Skippers safety briefings, delegation of tasks, fuel & engine checks
- Passage Planning - can plan coastal passage including consideration for boat and crew, Weather reports, ports of refuge, tidal heights / steams, Publications and strategy
- Pilotage - can prepare a pilotage plan with consideration of soundings – transits – clearing, Bearings, buoyage, port or harbour regulations and tidal considerations
Can pilot a motor cruiser by day or night.
- Passage making - ability as skipper, can take charge of the vessel and direct the crew
- Radar - understands the use of as an aid to navigation
- Boat Handling - can control the boat with both or one engine operating
- Weather - preparations for adverse conditions, control in adverse conditions
Can navigate in bad visibility
- Emergency situations
The cost of the RYA Yachtmaster Coastal / Offshore Course is:
When placing a booking:
6 Days Classroom / Practical
Individual booking: £2000.00 per head
One-to-one tuition £2400.00
Two students: £1900.00 per head
Three students or more: £1800.00 per head This includes school boat hire and fuel + course material Own boat tuition £200.00 per day + course material + travel + meals / accommodation if required
( note: students will also need to pay exam and examiner fees (RYA) to the examiner on test day )