RYA Basic Helmsman / Basic Safety / ICC 24m Course in Port Solent, Portsmouth, Hampshire, UK
The two courses Basic Helmsman & Basic Safety are of similar standing. What we have done here at 1st Sea School is to roll the Basic Helmsman & Basic Safety courses into one two day course Under the Title of ICC (24m).
Why have we done this? We have been operating an ICC Course for many years now covering all the points covered in the two above courses.
This will give you, not only a basic theory background, but also a practical knowledge of how to conduct and enjoy your boating in a safe and controlled manner.
The duration of the RYA Basic Helmsman & Basic Safety ICC 24m Course is two days.
The RYA Basic Helmsman & Basic Safety ICC 24m Course will cover the following topics:
- Rope work & knots
- Safety equipment
- Type of craft
- Weather forecasts - In general
- Boat preparation - Engines and drives, Prestart checks, operation and maintenance
- Boat handling - Coming alongside, Pick-up a buoy
- Rules of the road - Buoyage systems, lights & day shapes
- Basic chart work - Latitude & longitude, Chart symbols, Bearings true & magnetic, Tidal diamond & streams, Tidal curves, use of drawing instruments
- Passage planning - basics
- Position Fix
- Man over board drills
The cost of the Basic Helmsman & Basic Safety ICC 24m Course is:
When placing a booking:
2 Days Classroom / Practical
Individual booking: £700.00 per head
1-2-1 instruction £900
Two students: £600.00 per head
Three students or more: £500.00 per head This includes school boat hire and fuel + course material if requiered
Own Boat tuition £200.00 per day + course material + travel if required