RADAR Course in Port Solent, Portsmouth, Hampshire, UK
Marine radar is an electronic device which measures the bearing and distance of solid objects and presents this information in the form of a plan view showing the location of objects such as land, navigation marks and other vessels.
Quite handy considering it can do it in the dark and bad visibility.
The aim of the course is to give you an understanding of the use of radar in small boats as an aid to navigation.
The RADAR Course duration is one day and covers the following:
- Basic understanding of radar wave propagation
- Radar set components
- Target definition and discrimination
- Radar reflectors
- Types of Radar display
- Radar plotting
- use of radar as an aid to navigation
- Accuracy in range and bearing
- General safety precautions in using the equipment
The cost of the RADAR Course is as follows:
1 day classroom: £90 per head.
This also covers the cost of the reference book and certificate.